1/4 Photos of Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Little Bee's Note:
Au Gratin Potatoes are tradition in my family at Easter served with ham. These are my family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Butter a large square casserole dish.
- 3Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- 4Top with the onion, and add the remaining potatoes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 7Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute.
- 8Stir in milk.
- 9Cook until mixture has thickened.
- 10Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- 11Pour cheese mixture over the potatoes, sprinkle with paprika and cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- 12Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 656.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g