Cook1 hr 30 mins
Au Gratin Potatoes are tradition in my family at Easter served with ham. These are my family favorite!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a large square casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with the onion, and add the remaining potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Pour cheese mixture over the potatoes, sprinkle with paprika and cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.