- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 3 -4 cups frozen hash browns, Southern Style Ore-Ida
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 1 quart casserole dish.
- In 1 quart saucepan over medium heat cook onions (in small amount of oil or butter) until tender.
- Stir in soup and cream cheese, cook stirring until smooth and hot.
- In casserole alternate potatoes and hot sauce, end with sauce layer.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.