This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. It is very easy to make and freezes well. Feel free to omit the mushrooms if you want. Make a big batch of this when asparagus is in season and freeze individual servings of it. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, heat 2 T oil over moderate heat. Add the mushrooms, ¼ t salt and the pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden; about 5 minutes.
- 2Remove the mushrooms and set aside. Reduce the heat to low and add another tablespoon of oil to the pot.
- 3Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent; about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the water, broth, rice, and the remaining salt to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- 5Continue boiling for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the asparagus. Cook until tender; about 5 minutes.
- 7Using a hand blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth.
- 8Return the soup to the pot and add the reserved mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Asparagus Soup With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1967.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g