Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the local paper. I have not tried this soup but I plan to try it soon.
Make and share this Creamy Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch chunks.
- Place chicken broth in pot and add asparagus chunks.
- Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes until tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and saute shallots and garlic for five minutes.
- Add flour and cook for one minute.
- Add flour mixture to chicken broth and stir until thickened.
- Blend soup in blender until semi-smooth.
- Return to pan and add half& half, thyme, and pepper.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese until melted.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
What a delicious soup. I used less thyme as I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it was a fine addition. Good without the cheese, but excellent with it!
So quick and so simple. I did also boil a little longer than stated, but the end result was fantastic. This is a great tasting soup and I just loved it.
Very nice and simple recipe. I had to add almost a full cup extra of broth, the soup was just to thick! I would also add less thyme and a bit of salt next time. I used non-fat half and half. Thanks beckas!