You can substitute other kinds of vegetables:broccoli, carrots, mushrooms. I tend to use whatever I have the most of. It helps me keep my refrigerator under control.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place asparagus in a large saucepan with broth.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- 3Melt butter in a small skillet.
- 4Add shallots and garlic; saute 5 minutes until softened.
- 5Stir in flour and cook 1 minute more.
- 6Add to the saucepan with cooked asparagus.
- 7Stir until the soup has thickened.
- 8Let cool, then transfer to a blender or food processor and process until mixture is not quite completely smooth.
- 9There should still be some small pieces of asparagus left.
- 10Return soup to saucepan and simmer 5 minutes.
- 11Add half& half, thyme and pepper.
- 12Simmer 5 minutes more.
- 13Add cheese and cook just until melted.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 527.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g