Recipe by Pamela Joyce Ochsner
A rich blend of butter, cream, asparagus and soup base that goes great with any sandwich, as an appetizer, or as a meal in itself
- 2 cups asparagus
- 2 cups whole cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken bouillon
- 3 -4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- snap asparagus at stem ends where tender; blend tough ends with water and chicken bouillon and reserve.
- chop tender upper spears into bite-size pieces and reserve.
- melt butter; add flour and stir until free of lumps.
- stir in blended spears and bite size pieces of asparagus with chicken bouillon and bring to full boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.