1/1 Photo of Creamy Asparagus Soup
This is a wonderful creamy asparagus soup that can be made any time of the year. My husband and I both loved the melding of wonderful flavors. Very quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion and garlic in small pan until golden.
- 2Snap off tough ends off asparagus and discard.
- 3Rinse cleaned asparagus and slice into 1/2 pieces.
- 4Saute onion and garlic in small pan until golden in 1 tablespoon oil.
- 5Place in saucepan along with the milk, wine, onion and garlic, salt and pepper.
- 6Add chicken stock base and bring slowly to a boil.
- 7Simmer uncovered for 12 - 15 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- 8Strain asparagus, onions and garlic and process in a food processor or blender with a bit of the broth until creamy.
- 9Heat oil in large saucepan. Add flour and cook until pale golden. Add by teaspoon to broth heating on low heat until it comes to a boil.
- 10Place in serving bowls. Top with a doppel of sour cream and garnish with sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper