Recipe by Kitchenmaven
This is a wonderful creamy asparagus soup that can be made any time of the year. My husband and I both loved the melding of wonderful flavors. Very quick and easy to make.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 teaspoons chicken base
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced used as a garnish
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, used as a garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in small pan until golden.
- Snap off tough ends off asparagus and discard.
- Rinse cleaned asparagus and slice into 1/2 pieces.
- Saute onion and garlic in small pan until golden in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place in saucepan along with the milk, wine, onion and garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock base and bring slowly to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 12 - 15 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Strain asparagus, onions and garlic and process in a food processor or blender with a bit of the broth until creamy.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add flour and cook until pale golden. Add by teaspoon to broth heating on low heat until it comes to a boil.
- Place in serving bowls. Top with a doppel of sour cream and garnish with sliced green onions.