Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a healthy soup from the blog Eclectic Recipes. It looks so yummy.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat a large soup pot. Drizzle pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add fresh asparagus, onion and celery. Saute until asparagus is bright green.
- Add chicken stock and thyme. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Boil until vegetables are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree soup.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice. Heat through and serve.
This is delicious! Even though we have a heat index of 105 degrees right now, this soup is still amazingly good. I am going to try it chilled too tomorrow for lunch, when it is really steaming hot outside!! I added the lemon zest when I added the broth and thyme....wasn't sure where to add that in. The thyme flavor was a bit strong, so I'll reduce it next time....otherwise this recipe was just perfect. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
This soup was outstanding! Enormously healthy and tasty to boot. Liked by the whole family. I will for sure be making this again. I made as directed, but used Greek yogurt instead of regular.