Recipe by Boomette
This is a healthy soup from the blog Eclectic Recipes. It looks so yummy.
Top Review by breezermom
This is delicious! Even though we have a heat index of 105 degrees right now, this soup is still amazingly good. I am going to try it chilled too tomorrow for lunch, when it is really steaming hot outside!! I added the lemon zest when I added the broth and thyme....wasn't sure where to add that in. The thyme flavor was a bit strong, so I'll reduce it next time....otherwise this recipe was just perfect. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag!
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large soup pot. Drizzle pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add fresh asparagus, onion and celery. Saute until asparagus is bright green.
- Add chicken stock and thyme. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Boil until vegetables are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree soup.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice. Heat through and serve.