Recipe by cookiedog
This dip can be made up to 2 days ahead. Cooking time is actually time spent in the refrigerator. Perfect with a crudite platter. From "Vegetable Love" by Barbara Kafka
- 9 ounces firm tofu
- 1⁄2 ounce peeled fresh ginger, cut into small pieces (1 tablespoon)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (preferably tamari)
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, to taste
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, plus 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated peeled daikon radishes or 2 tablespoons very thinkly sliced fennel bulbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except the chopped cilantro and daikon or fennel in blender or food processor; add 2 tablespoons water and process until very smooth. Refrigerate at least an hour to let flavors develop. Stir in chopped cilantro.
- The dip may be made up to 2 days ahead. Just before serving, sprinkle with the daikon or fennel. Serve with an assortment of raw vegetables.