1/3 Photos of Creamy Asiago and Artichoke Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 226.79 g can artichoke hearts, drained
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 0.59-1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 118.29 ml cream or 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 113.39 g asiago cheese, grated
- 1Heat olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallots and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir to coat.
- 3Add the chicken stock, white wine, potatoes, artichokes, thyme, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Salt to taste.
- 4Increase heat to bring to a simmer, then lower heat and continue to simmer, uncovered, until vegetables soften, about 20 minutes.
- 5Purée the soup (An immersion blender works well here!).
- 6If desired, you can freeze the soup at this point.
- 7When ready to serve, heat the soup and whisk in the cream and asiago cheese.
- 8Simmer until cheese is melted and soup just begins to bubble.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Asiago and Artichoke Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 399.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: