Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Creamy Asiago and Artichoke Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 226.79 g can artichoke hearts, drained
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 0.59-1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 118.29 ml cream or 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 113.39 g asiago cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock, white wine, potatoes, artichokes, thyme, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Salt to taste.
- Increase heat to bring to a simmer, then lower heat and continue to simmer, uncovered, until vegetables soften, about 20 minutes.
- Purée the soup (An immersion blender works well here!).
- If desired, you can freeze the soup at this point.
- When ready to serve, heat the soup and whisk in the cream and asiago cheese.
- Simmer until cheese is melted and soup just begins to bubble.
My DH and I were invited to an RSC dinner where PaulaG prepared this dish. This soup is definately a keeper. It is so creamy and cheesy and full of flavor with the rest of the ingrredients. When preparing this dish, you might want to double the recipe because people will be asking for more.
Excellent!! Love this soup!
A delicious, well flavored soup. The direction are very easy to follow and the soup cooked in the time frame specified. Made exactly as written and served as a soup course for an RSC dinner party. Good luck in RSC #11.