Recipe by mandabears
This is a Sandra Lee recipe that I made for DH who just had gastric bypass surgery. It is creamy and rich.I used fat free half and half and Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup. Easy to make with superb results, ask DH.
- 14 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- cayenne, dash
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine chicken broth, cream of celery soup and artichoke hearts, well drained.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Add cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and season to taste with ground black pepper and salt.