Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love artichokes and spinach, I'm just not a fan of them together. I also don't like adding mayonnaise to anything unless it's absolutely necessary. I don't think this recipe needs it because of using canned artichokes, and sour cream, plus this entire recipe is placed in a food processor to which it is almost a pureed consistency. I feel that spinach takes away from the artichokes flavor, consistency and texture. Most of us make these types of recipes for parties, potlucks & get-togethers, who wants spinach stuck in their teeth all night! :D Thanks for the recipe Brandy B.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 -2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic, from jar
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spritz a 9 x 13" baking dish or tart/quiche glass dish with cooking spray.
- Whirl all ingredients in a food-processor bowl until mixture is blended and artichokes break into small pieces.
- If you have any left-over Parmesan cheese sprinkle it on top.
- Place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
Yummy! Good flavor. I served it with wedges of baked flat bread. Next time I will increase the quantity of cream cheese and reduce the sour cream a bit to make the dip thicker and cheesier. Thank you for the recipe.