Recipe by Sumisan
"energy density" of .90
Top Review by KeleKooks
Was leafing through recipes looking to ways to use the box of dried apricots sitting in the cupboard and i found this. Great breakfast!Very satisfying. I added a tad of cinnamon to my bowl also. Great to find healthy meals that taste great!Also i sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of brown sugar. Yum!!! Thanks!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 10 finely chopped dried apricots, about 2 oz
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oats and 3 cups milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil .
- mix in nutmeg and oat bran.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Divide among 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with apricots and brown sugar.
- Serve with remaining milk on the side to mix in if desired.