Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
"energy density" of .90
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 10 finely chopped dried apricots, about 2 oz
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine the oats and 3 cups milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil .
- mix in nutmeg and oat bran.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Divide among 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with apricots and brown sugar.
- Serve with remaining milk on the side to mix in if desired.
Was leafing through recipes looking to ways to use the box of dried apricots sitting in the cupboard and i found this. Great breakfast!Very satisfying. I added a tad of cinnamon to my bowl also. Great to find healthy meals that taste great!Also i sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of brown sugar. Yum!!! Thanks!!!