Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A easy apple dessert that men seem to love. Got the recipe from a Pillsbury cake mix. I have had it for years and everyone always loves it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine first two ingredients: mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 2/3 cup for topping; add brown sugar and cinnamon to reserved topping mix.
- Mix well; set aside.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13X9 inch pan.
- Arrange apple slices over base.
- Blend sour cream and egg; spread evenly over apples.
- Sprinkle reserved topping mixture over all.
- Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes 12-15 squares.
- High attitude bake at 375*.
quick and easy - great flavor - everyone at work loved it! Thanks
This was good but the base was a little to salty for me. I don't know if that was due to the fact I used a cheaper box of cake mix, not name brand. It really looked lovely when it came out of the oven. I used Extra Fancy Vietnamese Cassia Cinnamon from Penzeys Spices. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game
my family was really suprized by the good tast of this thanks for sharing