Recipe by Annie Michelle
A delicious apple dessert passed along to me by my mom.
Top Review by Boyz 5
I made this for our after dinner dessert and thought the taste was WONDERFUL...I used a Betty Crocker cake mix and it turned out just fine...My kids couldn't get enough of it!...Thanks,Michelle,I will definately be making this again.
- 18 ounces Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix (1 package)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (soft) or 1⁄2 cup butter (soft)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine cake mix and butter; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of crumbly mixture for topping.
- Stir brown sugar into remaining mixture.
- Cover bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan with brown sugar mixture. Pat down.
- Arrange apple slices over base.
- Blend sour cream and egg; spread evenly over apples.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over all.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes of until topping is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Note: to increase visual appeal, I sometimes dust a little powdered sugar over the top under the cinnamon.