Recipe by Debi H
I got this recipe from my mil over 25 years ago and have been making this favorite ever since. I'm not sure where she got this, probably off of a cake mix box since it uses a cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 2/3 cup for topping.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to the reserved topping mixture, mixing well. Set aside.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Arrange apple slices over crust.
- Blend sour cream and egg.
- Spread evenly over apples.
- Sprinkle the reserved topping mix over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate lefters.