Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a little different, but try it, you won't be disappointed. It's one of my husbands favourites :) It's also a great one for the kids to help out with....
- 18 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup coconut
- 125 g butter
- 300 ml sour cream
- 425 g tinned pie apples (I use unsweetened, but if you like it sweet, used sweetened)
- 1 egg
- Melt butter, mix with coconut and cake mix.
- press into a well-lined slice tin and bake 10-15 mins (180'C).
- Mix apples, sour cream and egg, spread on top of base, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes.
- Can be served warm with ice cream ( YUM! ).
- Or is also great cold -- even better the next day -- if it lasts that long!
- Enjoy :).
I loved this. I didn't have tinned apples so I cooked up some fresh granny smiths. This is a recipe for all those people who claim they cant cook .It is fool proof and tastes great
I chose this recipe for the Oz/NZ Regional tour. Super easy to make. I chose to serve it warm with iced cream and the whole family enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!