Recipe by grandma2969
These are quick and easy..makes a nice Sunday brunch When I shred the apple..I drain on a paper towel for a short time
Top Review by Cookin it up
These are excellent and quick and easy to make. Just before eating the leftovers I popped them in the microwave for 10 seconds just to slightly warm it up. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, can use reduced fat
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) canextra rich style Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup apple, unpeeled, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugr until well blended, set aside.
- Seperate dough into 8 biscuits, seperate each evenly into 2 rounds.
- Place 8 rounds on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread each biscuit round on cookie sheet with 1 tbls cream cheese mixture to within 1/2" of edge.
- Top each with 1 rounded teaspoon dates. Press remaining 8 biscuits halves out slightly.
- Place each on apple-topped biscuit rounds. Press edges to seal.
- Bake at 350* for 14-18 minutes or golden brown.
- Meanwhile, blend 1/2 cup powdered sugar with enough milk for desired drizzling consistency until smooth.
- Immediately remove rolls from cookie sheet.
- Drizzle icing over warm rolls.