Recipe by Cheri Lee
This looked delicious in the November 2006 edition of Southern Living Magazine!
Top Review by Saturn
I made this exactly as written and it was SO amazingly good! Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed this as it came... but also loved it served over a green salad. The sauce ends up almost tasting like a creamsicle. And then when you add the crunchy pecans on top... WOWSERS! Perfect amount of everything! I will be making this again and again. Even after two days in the fridge, it was still phenomenal! This goes into my permanent book! Made for PAC Spring 2010
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 apples, 1 granny smith and 3 gala, peeled, chopped and cored
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring one cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cranberries and raisins. Let stand for 10 minutes and drain.
- Stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, lemond rind and lemon juice.
- Stir in apples, cranberries and raisins.
- Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle with pecans before serving.
- This is also good when served in a pita pocket with mixed greens!