Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own version of a pumpkin soup recipe I found online. It is so creamy and satisfying!
Make and share this Creamy and Satisfying Pumpkin Soup! recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs pumpkin (approximately)
- 1 large onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 parsnips
- 1 leek
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or omit and just use water)
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (or more) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel, whole
- Cut pumpkins in half and roast in oven at 350 for about 40 minutes (or until done).
- Peel pumpkins and cut into pieces.
- Saute vegetables (except pumpkin) and spices in oil.
- Add pumpkin and stir.
- Add vegetable stock, coconut, coconut milk, and water and bring to a simmer. Stir.
- Take off stove and allow to cool.
- Blend in blender in batches.