1/2 Photos of Creamy (And Low Fat?!) Shrimp Crepe Filling
Well, I tagged toni gifford's Lighter Crepes in Please Review My Recipe, and I didn't see anything that inspired me for filling...sooooo I modified my Baked Tilapia W/ Fondue Sauce and Crab a bit to create this delectable filling :) mmmmm it's creamy and delicious and (somewhat) healthy?? The French would not approve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3/8 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated (I use 75% reduced-fat Cabot white cheddar)
- 1/8 cup sherry wine
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, separated into small sprigs
- 4 (6 inch) crepes
- 1Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Saute onions and celery over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- 2Melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour and nutmeg until smooth.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Cook until smooth and thickens a little.
- 4Add the cheese, and stir until melted.
- 5Add sauted vegetables, tomato, shrimp, and parsley, stirring to coat.
- 6To assemble, place one crepe on a dinner plate and spoon seafood and sauce down the middle. Roll crepe and repeat.
- 7Makes enough filling for 3-4 crepes, depending on how full you like them.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy (And Low Fat?!) Shrimp Crepe Filling
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 222.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: