Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe intrigues me! A thick and creamy hot cocoa with a thick frothy foam on top, mimicking melted marshmallows. You will see a frothy foam form on top as you are mixing it. I recommend that you use Thai Kitchen's Pure Coconut Milk. It has no chemical additives or preservatives like some other brands. Placed here for safekeeping. From My Vegan Cookbook.
- 4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (or almond milk, rice milk, or soy milk)
- 1⁄2 cup silken soft tofu
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- You can make this two ways.
- One is by placing all the ingredients into a large saucepan and with an immersion blender, blend everything together for 3 minutes. We want to whip air into it, so it's important to do it for at least 3 minutes.
- If you don't happen to have an immersion blender, you can throw it all into a standing blender and do the same and then pour it into the saucepan. On Medium-high heat stir the cocoa until it almost comes to a boil. DO NOT boil the cocoa, it will change the consistency too much. Turn down to simmer and serve.