Recipe by Auvan
This is a tuna noodle casserole recipe that is a favorite for my family. I just kind of threw it all together one evening and we loved the combination. It is really creamy and makes a nice sized batch. This goes great with garlic cheddar biscuits or buttered bread. Great comfort food!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Yes, excellent casserole. I made it as directed, I did half the recipe and it still made plenty. Even better the next day! I used frozen peas and corn, (oops, just saw the recipe called for carrots! well, I'm afraid I used corn, but it was great ....) and English mustard powder.
Definitely, great comfort food, thanks Auvan!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas and carrots, drained (I prefer DelMonte because they are diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese
- mustard, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook rotini according to package directions while oven is preheating.
- While the rotini is cooking, whisk together the softened cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, tuna, milk,, and enough mustard to color it slightly. The mustard really adds a great flavor!
- Add the cheddar cheese and peas and carrots, reserving some cheddar for the top if you prefer.
- Mix cream mixture and rotini and place in a 13x9 inches baking dish and cook for 30 minutes.