Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taco seasoned ground beef, cheese, refried beans, all in a super-simple casserole. DH likes with chips, I also like it in tortillas. We like to use spicy salsa and taco seasoning, but use your preference.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (or homemade)
- 1 (32 ounce) can refried beans (again, homemade is great if you have the time)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup salsa, of your choice plus 1/2-3/4 cup additional
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use cheddar and a colby jack blend, then throw some crumbled queso fresco on top for good measure)
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray; spread the refried beans in the bottom and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and garlic, drain, season with taco seasoning and stir in the cream of mushroom soup and the 1/3 cup salsa.
- Layer on top of the beans: salsa, half of the cheese, the meat mixture, jalapeños and olives, if using, remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and enjoy!
I made this tonight and to cut the carbs I used one can of refried beans instead of two. Very tasty. Thanks for sharing.
This was good and easy to make. I made this exactly as written. I served it as an appetizer and we used tortilla chips to dip it. I didn't add any of the optional ingredients.
This was a great, quick and easy casserole. We served it kind of like a dip with tortilla chips, adding lettuce, tomato and sour cream to each serving. This was enjoyed by all - thanks for posting!