1/1 Photo of Creamy and Cheesy Beef and Bean Casserole
Taco seasoned ground beef, cheese, refried beans, all in a super-simple casserole. DH likes with chips, I also like it in tortillas. We like to use spicy salsa and taco seasoning, but use your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (or homemade)
- 1 (32 ounce) can refried beans (again, homemade is great if you have the time)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup salsa, of your choice plus 1/2-3/4 cup additional
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use cheddar and a colby jack blend, then throw some crumbled queso fresco on top for good measure)
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray; spread the refried beans in the bottom and set aside.
- 2Brown the ground beef and garlic, drain, season with taco seasoning and stir in the cream of mushroom soup and the 1/3 cup salsa.
- 3Layer on top of the beans: salsa, half of the cheese, the meat mixture, jalapeños and olives, if using, remaining cheese.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy and Cheesy Beef and Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 2037.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 44.7 g