Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple yet flavorful dip that's great with raw vegetables. The subtle hint of anchovy enhances the other ingredients but no one will know they are in there. This is easy to put together with what you probably already have on hand but is a nice change from the typical dip fare.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets, drained and chopped or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Combine all ingredients until smooth except anchovies, folding in last.
- If using anchovy paste mix in after creaming other ingredients into mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- I have made this with dried parsley and one stalk minced green onion when I was out of dill weed with great results, and I always use light mayo & sour cream myself.
- Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or toasted baguette slices.
- Try using some different fresh vegetables like snow peas, jicama or yellow squash, for example.