Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is tried and true! I make this every year for my Dad's birthday. He asked if I will make it for Easter this year too. I love this, and every time I make it, I think about how much my Dad enjoyes it. I hope you will enjoy it too. Plan ahead - allow minimum of 6 hours to chill. Time DOES NOT include cooling.
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, reserve
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, reserve (not syrup)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
Tropical Fruit Sauce
- 1 cup fruit, juices reserved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oranges or 1⁄4 teaspoon pineapple extract
- Coconut Crust:.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, coconut flakes, melted butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. Press mixture firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- Cut mandarin oranges into small pieces. Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving juices.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar; beat well. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in white chips, oranges and pineapple. Pour mixture over baked and slightly cooled crust.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate until cold.
- Prepare Tropical Fruit Sauce.
- Tropical Fruit Sauce:.
- Combine reserved fruit juices, suagar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickend. Remove from heat. Stir in orange or pineapple extract. Cool to room temperature. Cover; refrigerate leftover sauce.
- To serve:.
- Pour desired amount of fruit sauce over individual slices of cheesecake. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
- Refrigerate leftover cheese cake - it there is any!
I have made this cake many times. I would recommend leaving the white chips out. Something about having "stuff" in my cheesecake. It doesn't affect the recipe at all. Also, the topping is just way too sweet. The cake, all by itself, SCRUMPTIOUS!
Yummy & Easy! I made this for a family BBQ & I had a bunch of recipe requests. I didn't serve it with the sauce ( I just didn't care for it) but the rest of it was SCRUMPTIOUS!
I enjoy cheesecake & this recipe was AN ABSOLUTE JOY to make & even more so in the eathing (although I did allow my son & his wife to abscound with about a quarter of it before the evening was over)! Absolutely loved the combo of flavors here, & served it up topped with a Mandarin orange section, & small slice of pineapple & a light sprinkle of toasted coconut! Thanks for this really great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]