1/1 Photo of Creamy Ambrosia Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is tried and true! I make this every year for my Dad's birthday. He asked if I will make it for Easter this year too. I love this, and every time I make it, I think about how much my Dad enjoyes it. I hope you will enjoy it too. Plan ahead - allow minimum of 6 hours to chill. Time DOES NOT include cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, reserve
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, reserve (not syrup)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
Tropical Fruit Sauce
- 1Coconut Crust:.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, coconut flakes, melted butter, and sugar in a medium bowl. Press mixture firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- 4Cut mandarin oranges into small pieces. Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving juices.
- 5Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar; beat well. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in white chips, oranges and pineapple. Pour mixture over baked and slightly cooled crust.
- 6Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate until cold.
- 7Prepare Tropical Fruit Sauce.
- 8Tropical Fruit Sauce:.
- 9Combine reserved fruit juices, suagar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickend. Remove from heat. Stir in orange or pineapple extract. Cool to room temperature. Cover; refrigerate leftover sauce.
- 10To serve:.
- 11Pour desired amount of fruit sauce over individual slices of cheesecake. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
- 12Refrigerate leftover cheese cake - it there is any!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Ambrosia Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 366.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: