Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 mins
Making homemade ravioli takes a little time, but the end result is well worth the effort! I serve this with Sneaky Momma's Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water (and more, as needed)
Almond Cream Filling
- 1 cup almonds, raw
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1⁄2 cup water, warm
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the ravioli dough:.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add water and oil.
- Stir together with a spoon until a shaggy dough forms, adding more water as necessary--but don't make the dough too tacky or it will be difficult to work with.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead into a smooth ball.
- Roll into a log and allow to rest for 20 minutes. While the dough is resting, prepare the filling.
- For the filling:.
- Stir together miso and warm water until miso is dissolved.
- Process nuts and miso water in food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth, adding a little more water if necessary--but not too much; you want the texture of a thick cheese spread.
- If desired, you may prepare the filling in advance and allow it to sit in a glass jar covered with cheese cloth at room temperature for 4 to 6 hours to culture.
- To assemble the ravioli:.
- Slice the dough into 8 pieces and roll into sheets with pasta maker or rolling pin.
- Slice dough sheets into small rectangles (or cut out into fancy shapes with small cookie cutters).
- Place a heaping teaspoon or so of filling into each rectangle. Brush edges with water to help dough stick, then fold in half and pinch edges.
- Boil assembled ravioli for about three minutes; the raviolis will all float to the top of the water when they're done.