Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Center Cut Cook
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, stir in the heavy whipping cream.
- Increase the heat a bit to medium high and add 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- As it simmers, the sauce will start to thicken.
- Stir in salt and black pepper to taste, parsley, and grated garlic.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir in the finely grated parmesan cheese and continue stirring until all of the parmesan cheese has melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Adjust salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately with the pasta of your choice.