Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best Alfredo sauce ever, but not authentic. Adaped from a recipe in Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed (full fat)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (grate your own)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Set over low heat.
- Stir frequently until melted and smooth.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Also good on broccoli or cauliflower.
I love (!) the ease of the recipe, and that it comes together so quickly! I used a combination of half & half and whole milk (when I bought both, I wasn't sure what I would need since I hadn't found a "real" recipe at that point). I probably used too much parmigiano because I had to add a bit more milk but it turned out amazing! I served it over chicken & mozzarella ravioli from Costco. Love it!
That sounds fantastic, going to give it a try soon!