Recipe by MissTiff16
Use by itself or add ingredients and serve over pasta. We love using this sauce with crabmeat and linguine!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add flour and cook 2-3 minute till it smells fragrant and nutty.
- Add Chicken broth and simmer till nice and thick.
- Add milk. Whisk constantly. Simmer till sauce has re-thickened.
- Add romano and cream cheese.
- Drop cream cheese in by spoonfulls to make it easier to break up. Continue to whisk. Cook to desired thickness. (If adding addtl cooked ingredients add now, ie -- chicken & broccoli, crabmeat (YUMMY) etc., simmer for a few short minutes).
- When desired thickness is reached remove from heat.
- Add heavy cream, whisk/mix well.
- Serve immediately over pasta.