Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Stash Tea
Make and share this Creamsicle Smoothie recipe from Food.com.
- 5 stash orange spice tea bags
- 1 stash peppermint tea bag
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (frozen yogurt, sherbet, or sorbet may be substituted)
- 1 cup ice
- whipped cream (optional)
- Brew orange spice and peppermint tea in boiling water. Allow to steep for 4 minutes then remove bags and allow tea to cool.
- Pour the cooled tea into your blender, and add the orange juice, honey, ice cream, and ice.
- Mix tea in blender until mixed and smooth.
- Pour into glass and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
*So much better than a creamsicle* This was my first time trying tea in a smoothie and what a tasty way to get some antioxidants! My store didn't have Stash Orange so I used Snapple Orange-inality tea bags along with the Stash Peppermint. I couldn't detect the peppermint so will omit it next time. I used Edy's Orange Cream (orange sherbet with lowfat vanilla ice cream swirled in it) and knew that would make it sweet enough, so omitted the honey. This recipe is perfect for two to share. What a delight to make for the Photo Tag Game.