Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Recipe given to me by a co-worker. Makes 2 pies.
- 1⁄2 cup Tang orange crystals, breakfast drink
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- Mix together Tang, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and one of the containers of Cool Whip.
- Use second container for topping of the two pies.
- I sprinkle a little bit of Tang on the top for presentation.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
This was soo easy and everyone loves it,. Both adults and children alike. I used the graham cracker tart sized shells and the kids loved having their own pie. It fills about 16 tart size shells. I also think you could change around the flavor by using other powdered drink mixes like lemonade or maybe even grape!!
I have used the same recipe with a few variations. I use low fat sweetened condensed milk and sour cream, and fat-free Cool Whip, with no significant change in flavor. I use a chocolate cookie crust. And I freeze rather than refrigerate.