Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in an older Southern Living magazine.
- 2 tablespoons vanilla vodka
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (1 medium orange)
- orange liqueur or orange juice
- Place first 3 ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Cover with lid and shake well till chilled. Dip rim of 1 martini glass in orange liqueur; dip in sugar to coat. Strain the vodka mixture into prepared glass. Serve.
- **This recipe was tested with Absolute Vanilla Vodka.
This drink is so good. It really does taste like a creamsicle but without the cream. I used blood orange juice cause my son drank all the orange juice. It was very good with blood orange juice. I didn't garnish the glass, I was too lazy. Thanks Shirl :) Made for Alphabet tag game
Have no idea where the "cream" in "Creamsicle" comes from! This is more like an adult version of OJ. As if my brother took his breakfast OJ and sneaked behind the bar to add some flavorful reinforcements. Very nice -- in spite of my chatter! Might be a great martini in place of a mimosa at breakfast or brunch. Thanks, Shirl (J)! Made for PAC Spring 2008.