EXACTLY like the Orange Julius in the mall, without the stomach curdling mixture of acidic orange juice and milk/ice cream.... I also included variations including different fruit, like PEACHES & CREAM, STRAWBERRIES & CREAM, etc. I tried for years to figure out this recipe, beginning at around age 12! I finally got it one day at age 25 and now my 11 year old daughter whips them up for herself and friends after school or for breakfast.
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend on high until no ice chunks are left.
- (My blender makes a god-awful racket, then sound changes once no ice chunks are left) Makes about (2) tall glasses.
- *I don't recommend replacing the powdered creamer with milk, as the acid in the orange juice will curdle the milk!
- Powdered milk may be used in emergency!
- **STRAWBERRIES& CREAM VERSION: Replace orange juice with strawberries (or even any kind of berry).
- ***PEACHES& CREAM: Replace orange juice with canned or fresh peaches.
- ****Add vodka for a tasty, refreshing cocktail on a hot summer evening!
- Be creative!
- There are so many ways to change this recipe to make the most delicious frozen drink that kids & adults will love!
Our family loves Orange Julius and this recipe comes as close as any version we have tried. But about a month after trying this recipe the first time, my daughter & I went to the Orange Julius in the mall and observed them using half water and half Sprite as they mixed our drinks. We went home and tried the same thing with this recipe and the results were wonderful! With the Sprite in it we couldn't tell the difference between our version and the mall drink.
I was really shocked - I figured it would be a close call, but it does taste JUST like Orange Julius! I moved to a small town when I married and haven't had one for 3 years... I am so thrilled. Thanks!
I substituted 2 c. strawberries. I had no vanilla on hand, but I did have and used 2 Tbsp. fat-free, French vanilla coffee creamer. Stil used the 1/2 c. sugar, 1 c. water and 15 ice cubes. So simple and delicous. Our favorite soothie. Thankyou.