EXACTLY like the Orange Julius in the mall, without the stomach curdling mixture of acidic orange juice and milk/ice cream.... I also included variations including different fruit, like PEACHES & CREAM, STRAWBERRIES & CREAM, etc. I tried for years to figure out this recipe, beginning at around age 12! I finally got it one day at age 25 and now my 11 year old daughter whips them up for herself and friends after school or for breakfast.
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend on high until no ice chunks are left.
- (My blender makes a god-awful racket, then sound changes once no ice chunks are left) Makes about (2) tall glasses.
- *I don't recommend replacing the powdered creamer with milk, as the acid in the orange juice will curdle the milk!
- Powdered milk may be used in emergency!
- **STRAWBERRIES& CREAM VERSION: Replace orange juice with strawberries (or even any kind of berry).
- ***PEACHES& CREAM: Replace orange juice with canned or fresh peaches.
- ****Add vodka for a tasty, refreshing cocktail on a hot summer evening!
- Be creative!
- There are so many ways to change this recipe to make the most delicious frozen drink that kids & adults will love!