Recipe by -JL-
EXACTLY like the Orange Julius in the mall, without the stomach curdling mixture of acidic orange juice and milk/ice cream.... I also included variations including different fruit, like PEACHES & CREAM, STRAWBERRIES & CREAM, etc. I tried for years to figure out this recipe, beginning at around age 12! I finally got it one day at age 25 and now my 11 year old daughter whips them up for herself and friends after school or for breakfast.
Top Review by BJK
Our family loves Orange Julius and this recipe comes as close as any version we have tried. But about a month after trying this recipe the first time, my daughter & I went to the Orange Julius in the mall and observed them using half water and half Sprite as they mixed our drinks. We went home and tried the same thing with this recipe and the results were wonderful! With the Sprite in it we couldn't tell the difference between our version and the mall drink.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 14 -16 full sized ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 peeled orange, for extra flavor (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend on high until no ice chunks are left.
- (My blender makes a god-awful racket, then sound changes once no ice chunks are left) Makes about (2) tall glasses.
- *I don't recommend replacing the powdered creamer with milk, as the acid in the orange juice will curdle the milk!
- Powdered milk may be used in emergency!
- **STRAWBERRIES& CREAM VERSION: Replace orange juice with strawberries (or even any kind of berry).
- ***PEACHES& CREAM: Replace orange juice with canned or fresh peaches.
- ****Add vodka for a tasty, refreshing cocktail on a hot summer evening!
- Be creative!
- There are so many ways to change this recipe to make the most delicious frozen drink that kids & adults will love!