Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is yummy, if you love Creamsickles! Cook time is approximate, since it depends on what your cake mix calls for.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (4 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons orange flavoring
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (whipped topping)
- Mix cake and bake as directed on box, adding 1 teaspoon of orange flavoring.
- Make orange Jello, using 1/2 of the water called for.
- Make holes in hot cake with handle of wooden spoon.
- Pour Jello over cake and cool.
- Mix pudding with milk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of orange flavoring.
- Mix pudding mixture with Cool Whip and spread on cake.
I made this for a pot luck for work and everyone gobbled it down. One person went back for 3 helpings. Thank you for sharing
OMG!!! This deserves more than 5 stars! I made this for a family cookout yesterday and it was the PERFECT dessert - not too heavy and the flavor was out of this world! My brother said it was like eating a creamsickle from the ice cream truck when we were kids. Thanks for this recipe!
I got this same recipe many years ago and while most people say they do not remember the creamsickle bars of years ago, soon as they taste it they remember! We have also changed using the orange to Strawberry or lemon and both are equally as good!