Recipe by Cul_de_sac_Barbie
I combined several recipies to come up with this. This can be made with cream, as well, just substitute the 1/3 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Either way it delicious.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml dry vermouth
- 3 (1275.72 g) canroasted diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 88.74 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil, until onion is clear.
- Add the vermouth, tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minute.
- Add the oatmeal, stirring until combined, simmer an additional 10 minute.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with a hand blender, or blender.
- Note: when blending hot liquids, only fill blender halfway and kitchen towel over lid.