Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I combined several recipies to come up with this. This can be made with cream, as well, just substitute the 1/3 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Either way it delicious.
- In medium pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil, until onion is clear.
- Add the vermouth, tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minute.
- Add the oatmeal, stirring until combined, simmer an additional 10 minute.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with a hand blender, or blender.
- Note: when blending hot liquids, only fill blender halfway and kitchen towel over lid.