Recipe by Cul_de_sac_Barbie
I combined several recipies to come up with this. This can be made with cream, as well, just substitute the 1/3 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Either way it delicious.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 3 (15 ounce) cansroasted diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil, until onion is clear.
- Add the vermouth, tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minute.
- Add the oatmeal, stirring until combined, simmer an additional 10 minute.
- Remove soup from heat and puree with a hand blender, or blender.
- Note: when blending hot liquids, only fill blender halfway and kitchen towel over lid.