I combined several recipies to come up with this. This can be made with cream, as well, just substitute the 1/3 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Either way it delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil, until onion is clear.
- 2Add the vermouth, tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, and salt.
- 3Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minute.
- 4Add the oatmeal, stirring until combined, simmer an additional 10 minute.
- 5Remove soup from heat and puree with a hand blender, or blender.
- 6Note: when blending hot liquids, only fill blender halfway and kitchen towel over lid.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamless Roasted Tomato Basil Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 934.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g