1/1 Photo of Creamless Cream of Celery Soup
Tofu, voila! Just a little (huge!) batch soup I put together when I was in excess of celery. An addition of potato might make this even smoother. Hold the parmesan for vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package lite silken firm tofu
- 2 medium onions, chopped (10 ounces)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb celery, leaves and ribs, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 8 -10 cups fat-free vegetable broth (thickness to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Treat a large non-stick stockpot with cooking spray. Heat the garlic and onions over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until onions begin to soften.
- 2Add celery, broth (reserving 1/4 cup), and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, puree the tofu in a food processor along with reserved broth. Ensure that the tofu is totally smooth!
- 4Once the celery is softened, remove the bay leaves from the soup, and use an immersion blender (or perform batches to the food processor) to puree the celery and onions.
- 5With the soup on the stovetop over medium low heat, add the smooth tofu, white pepper, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Heat gently before serving.
- 6Top with parmesan cheese and additional hot sauce as you like!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamless Cream of Celery Soup
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free vegetable broth