Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Food Network recipe that only has four main ingredients. I first had this with my husband at a friend's house and it blew us away! So good, and with bags of pre-cut squash available at most grocery stores, it's a breeze to put together!
- 907.18-1360.77 g butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks (I cut out this step by getting a bag precut squash).
- In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve.
spectacular: quick, easy to make, apart from the squash these are ingredients you are likely to have on hand, inexpensive, can i say delicious again? i added a 1/2 tsp of curry powder and in spite of its simple composition, this soup is surprisingly rich and satisfying.
This is sooo good! It took hardly any time to make, it's nice and healthy, and it tastes amazing! I loved the nutmeg in it, and it was so thick and yummy, you didn't need cream at all! I used salt reduced stock, and just used the stick blender to blend everything up at the end. We served it with some baked croutons, and a littlle extra pepper sprinkled on top. The kids raved about it, and have asked me to put the leftovers in their thermoses for school lunches tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, Mo! :)