Recipe by Motivated Mama
This is a Food Network recipe that only has four main ingredients. I first had this with my husband at a friend's house and it blew us away! So good, and with bags of pre-cut squash available at most grocery stores, it's a breeze to put together!
Top Review by nb_nyc
spectacular: quick, easy to make, apart from the squash these are ingredients you are likely to have on hand, inexpensive, can i say delicious again? i added a 1/2 tsp of curry powder and in spite of its simple composition, this soup is surprisingly rich and satisfying.
- 907.18-1360.77 g butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks (I cut out this step by getting a bag precut squash).
- In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve.