Recipe by children from A to Z
I found this recipe on another website a couple of years ago and OH MY GOSH! This is time consuming but well worth it. The flavor is so good. Try it! If you like rice pudding you have to try this recipe! Cooking time doesn't include time to chill.
- 1⁄2 gallon milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven over medium-low heat combine 1/2 gallon milk, sugar and rice.
- Simmer, covered 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat and let rest 10 minute.
- In a small bowl; combine eggs, 1/4 cup milk, salt and vanilla.
- Stir into rice mixture and return pot to low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minute.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and cover with plastic wrap, folding back the corners to allow the steam to escape.
- When pudding has cooled to room temperature, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover tightly (with fresh wrap) and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.