Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Velveta free macaroni and cheese. This one will make you a hero at family get-togethers. Side effects: The overall number of small children requesting to sit on your lap will increase once word gets around about this one.
- 8 ounces dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups grated American cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni, drain, set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl mix dry milk, flour, butter -- mix this slowly to make a paste.
- Gradually add boiling water, stirring constantly; add 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in macaroni and 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Transfer to lightly greased 2 quart dish.
- Cover with foil, bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup cheese on and bake uncovered until the cheese is melted.
- Invite your 3 best friends under the age of 10 over and enjoy!