Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This creamy cheesy casserole is a great way to use the summer's abundance of zucchini! From "Fit For A King - The Elvis Presley Cookbook"...
- 5 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Peel the zucchini and chop. Place in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil until tender; drain well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cream cheese to the zucchini in the pan. Mash together with a fork until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 2-qt baking dish with cooking spray. Put the zucchini mixture into the dish. Top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
I used cornflakes instead of bread crumbs. My husband gave this a 5 star rating which is saying something because he does not like zucchini.
Wow! This creamed zucchini is sooo good! Made as directed and loved every bite of it. I wouldn't change a thing except to make more of it. Will definitely make this often. Made for PRMR, July, 2013.
This was oh so good! I used zucchini and yellow squash both from our CSA box. I removed<br/>the peels in a striped pattern for added color, sprinkled in a little bit of fresh dill and about 1/4 cup of green onions that needed to be used up. One big change was that the vegetables were <br/>not steamed or cooked before baking. I shredded the squash but it really isn't necessary to cook it before baking in my opinion. Freshly gated Asiago cheese and finally a topping of homemade breadcrumbs. Thanks for bunches! Will make again soon! Reviewed for Veg Tag/July.