Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has been a traditional Christmas dish in our family for years
Make and share this Creamed Whole Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Stud each onion with 2 cloves.
- Place in sauce pan.
- Cover with water.
- Add 1 tbsp unsalted butter, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Boil for 1 hour and make sure the liquid has reduced to 1/2.
- Prepare medium white sauce with the butter, flour and onion cooking liquid.
- Pour the sauce over the drained onions.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Brown in oven at 450 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.