Recipe by Robyn'sMoodyDisch
I found this at a web sight for wild game called, justgamerecipes.com. We eat a lot of wild game in our house but this would also work for beef.The pickle relish in the gravy sounds strange but please try it. If you want to cut some of the salt out grind some celery seeds. Enjoy!
- 1 lb elk steaks or 1 lb deer, round steak cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups medium white sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or 1 teaspoon fresh ground celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown steak in 3 Tbs butter.
- Add a small amount of water (1/4C) and cook in a covered skillet until tender, adding water if needed.
- Add white sauce,seasonings,parsley and pickle relish.
- Put mixture in a greased casserole and top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 30 min OR until bread crumbs are browned.