Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is great with hot bread sticks and a classic caesar salad!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄4 onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot chicken or 1⁄2 cup turkey broth
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- celery salt
- black pepper
- In a medium fry or saute pan heat butter over medium low.
- Saute mushrooms, peas and onions.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Turn heat up to medium and slowly add the milk and stock.
- Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Add the pimiento, turkey, celery salt and pepper.
- Stir well and taste-adjust seasonings.
- Cook until heated through but don't boil.
- Serve over hot rice or buttered egg noodles sprinkled with poppy seeds.
This was a good recipe for our left-over Thanksgiving turkey. Served it over hot biscuits. Next time I will add more peas (I used the frozen ones) and cooked carrots would be good to add, too. Thanks, DiB's for a filling and very tasty meal. M.Joan
This is very tasty, I did use buttermilk instead of milk. It is a keeper. Thanks for posting.