Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can drained tuna fish
- 1 cup frozen peas (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- bread (for toasting)
- Thaw frozen peas in a collendar.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and blend.
- Add the milk, stirring constantly to prevent clumping and stir until creamy.
- Add the tuna, peas, salt and pepper and warm through.
- As the tuna is warming, toast bread.
- After toasted, cut in triangles and spoon tuna mixture over the toast.
Well, my goodness, I thought my husband was going to eat the plate!! I made the recipe for 4 for the 2 of us and I had my serving and he ate the rest! It is really creamy and so good. So easy to make for a fast supper. We both loved it. I served this with a side of buttered noodles. Thanks BarbaraK!!
Oh my gosh!! My mom used to make this for me when I was a little girl. Except for the peas. This is so yummy and really brought back fond memories. Thanks for posting this.
This is a very easy recipe. I grew up on it. But we used it for breakfast. Just leave the pea's out.