Recipe by Seasoned Cook
My mother's quick and easy recipe. This recipe uses ingredients you always have on hand in the pantry. It's great when you're in a rush.
Top Review by happynana
Nice meal. I used corn instead of peas as dh does not like peas. I also added lots of pepper and put a boiled egg in the center of each toast cup and then poured tuna mixture over. Very good. Made for Ausie Swap #37.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) chunk light tuna
- 1 teaspoon pimiento, diced
- 2 tablespoons baby green peas (optional)
- 6 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Over low heat, melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Slowly add milk while stirring. DO NOT bring to a boil. Cook and stir constantly only until slightly thickened.
- Drain tuna and add to mixture.
- Lightly stir in salt, pimento and green peas (if used).
- Push bread slices into greased muffin tins to form a cup. Toast in oven until light brown.
- While toast is warm, pour creamed tuna mixture into bread cups and serve.