Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother's quick and easy recipe. This recipe uses ingredients you always have on hand in the pantry. It's great when you're in a rush.
- Over low heat, melt butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Slowly add milk while stirring. DO NOT bring to a boil. Cook and stir constantly only until slightly thickened.
- Drain tuna and add to mixture.
- Lightly stir in salt, pimento and green peas (if used).
- Push bread slices into greased muffin tins to form a cup. Toast in oven until light brown.
- While toast is warm, pour creamed tuna mixture into bread cups and serve.
Nice meal. I used corn instead of peas as dh does not like peas. I also added lots of pepper and put a boiled egg in the center of each toast cup and then poured tuna mixture over. Very good. Made for Ausie Swap #37.
Made as directed and really enjoyed this as a quick lunch. DH suggests that sliced or chopped hard-boiled egg in this would be great, too. This is definitely kid-friendly, with its fun presentation, making it worth cleaning the muffin pan! Thanks, Seasoned Cook! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.
Terrific! You're right; I usually have all the ingredients on hand. So simple and absolutely delish! Made for My 3 Chefs.