Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The worst part of this recipe is cleaning the sweetbreads. Sweet breads are a gland located in the neck of cattle not what you may otherwise have heard!!!! They have a wonderful delicate flavor and once tried you'll want them again. They are very difficult to find now but if you ask your butcher they should be able to bring them in for you. I also love them breaded and fried. I put six servings but that is only a taste each
- Add sweetbreads to 2 cups boiling water, add 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 small bay leaf,1/2 tsp pickling spice, 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add sweetbreads, simmer covered 20 minutes, drain well& cool.
- Remove the membrane from cooled sweetbreads.
- Melt butter, blend in flour, salt& paprika.
- Add broth& cream.
- cook until thickened, stirinng all the while.
- Add sweetbeads, mushrooms& sherry.
- Serve in warm baked patty shells, garnish with parsley sprigs.